Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Originally Posted by Roland S
I noticed the same kind of behaviour with the plugin. Biab Standalone seems to work normal.
Not sure where exactly it comes from, but the plugin generates .wav files with size but without content in the folder \bb\plugin\saved tracks.
Recently I had updates on my RME UFX windows audio driver, a Samplitude X8 and a Biab update including biab plugin update to version 6.1.8.
I doubt that it has something to do with the RME driver or Samplitude, as the behaviour with Samplitude X7 is the same and it had been working in the past.

Can you try rolling back to a previous version of Band-in-a-Box to see if the problem started after a specific build?

download link for build 1109

download link for build 1108

download link for build 1106

download link for build 1104

Blake

PG Music Inc.
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Peter,

Here are my test results:

While no workaround is used so that playback remains silent, a normal wav file can be generated containing a correct and perfectty audible mix of tracks.

Note that after generating such a wav file, some magic happens (a new workaround:) and playback became audible again without having to go through my previous trick.

Generally speaking, I also noticed that playback became audible again each time Bb had to open a text file in notepad, for example in the following menus:
Help/Utilities/Display log text file...
or in: Memo / Bar summary

Please note that I use the standalone version of Bb mainly.

I hope these clarifications help,

Last edited by Melody_Maker; 05/17/24 03:05 PM.

BiaB2024 64bit last build (desktop app), Win11 Pro 23H2, Intel i9 13900 24-core, 64GByte RAM, RME Fireface 800, Steinberg UR12, Cl1, Studio One 6, Samplitude Pro
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
shot in the dark...and maybe im way wrong but this stuff norma!ly means one must go through a series of possible error steps until one finds the source of the problem.

i would like a point clarified...with more info in this thread from roland and mm...
there are four versions of bb one can use...4 options...viz...
..bb normal operation...ie traditional bb.
..bb as above but in daw plugin mode.
..bb as a vst plugin..ie new version
..bb standalone new version.

which version or versions is the problem occuring in ??
this needs clarifying...and does this problem occur in all versions ?

also has anyone tried a test useing a user specified folder ?
instead of default bb folder for saved wavs... ?
it is important to remember to carefully name the 'SavedTracks' folder where the wavs are stored. im in the process of testing each of the four versions to see
if i can replicate the problems re the wavs etc.

in summary which versions of bb do these problems occur in ?
reason i ask is in normal bb in daw plugin d n d mode i get no problems.
i have generate log option turned off.
Whats confused me is the use of the word 'standalone'...this seems to suggest
the lsst of the four options ??
maybe ill get egg on my face...so be it...but im curious in case i come across the problems described....
to the two users mm and roland please clarify which versions your problems occur....thanks.

addendum..
..im assuming we are talking new 64 bit bb versions..?
..if options 3 or 4 what are the rendering options settings in new version preferences ??
..as an alternative to option 4 if thats being used...whats the problem useing option 2...which is what i use ?? is there a reason ??

happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 05/17/24 05:06 PM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
> Generally speaking, I also noticed that playback became audible again each time Bb had to open a text file in notepad, for example in the following menus:Help/Utilities/Display log text file...or in: Memo / Bar summary

Interesting. Launching notepad.exe is just the standard windows shell command to do that, which somehow gets the audio working.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Originally Posted by Blake - PG Music
Originally Posted by Roland S
I noticed the same kind of behaviour with the plugin. Biab Standalone seems to work normal.
Not sure where exactly it comes from, but the plugin generates .wav files with size but without content in the folder \bb\plugin\saved tracks.
Recently I had updates on my RME UFX windows audio driver, a Samplitude X8 and a Biab update including biab plugin update to version 6.1.8.
I doubt that it has something to do with the RME driver or Samplitude, as the behaviour with Samplitude X7 is the same and it had been working in the past.

Can you try rolling back to a previous version of Band-in-a-Box to see if the problem started after a specific build?

download link for build 1109

download link for build 1108

download link for build 1106

download link for build 1104

Blake,

I just downloaded all the previous builds that you linked to.

I started by installing oldest build 1104 and found that the problem was already there.

So I didn't see any point in testing the following builds to answer your question.

Thank you for your interest in solving this problem!

BiaB2024 64bit last build (desktop app), Win11 Pro 23H2, Intel i9 13900 24-core, 64GByte RAM, RME Fireface 800, Steinberg UR12, Cl1, Studio One 6, Samplitude Pro
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Originally Posted by PeterGannon
> Generally speaking, I also noticed that playback became audible again each time Bb had to open a text file in notepad, for example in the following menus:Help/Utilities/Display log text file...or in: Memo / Bar summary

Interesting. Launching notepad.exe is just the standard windows shell command to do that, which somehow gets the audio working.

Dear Peter,

I was finally able to identify the source of my problem and fix it :

For ASIO or WAS to work straight away when Bb is launched, the CoyoteWT DXi instrument package needs to be installed on the system even if the song uses no MIDI but only realtracks.
However, during Bb 2024 installation, a "Coyote WaveTable DXi Synth" checkbox appears as optional, which may be misleading.

So, as soon as I installed CoyoteWT, ASIO or WAS audio output started working properly again. (Installer source in C:\Bb\Data\Installers\SetupCoyoteWT13.exe)

My 2 cents : Either make the installation of Coyote mandatory (no checkbox), or make sure that its absence doesn't interfere with the initialization of the ASIO driver when Bb is launched.

Hope this will be useful wink

Best regards
Bob

Last edited by Melody_Maker; 05/21/24 02:40 AM.

R
R
I’ve been having a similar problem, that occurred yesterday, and a few times in the past.

A BIAB Song file that was fine and played through okay, would, after regeneration, or simply upon opening the file a second time, become inaudible upon playback. Swapping to either ASIO / WASPI / MME had no effect.

Yesterday, my song was playing okay, but when I swapped the Style in my Song to ‘FORTIFY.STY Fortifying Cool Bossa Horns’, the song became inaudible; eventually BIAB crash down.
I tried the song again with the previous Style, and it played back okay.

Yet the Style: ‘FORTIFY.STY Fortifying Cool Bossa Horns’, plays back okay with other BIAB songs; a few other Styles created the same issue, but not all of them.

I tried some of the solutions in this forum, but to no avail.

I found the only solution was to create a new BIAB Song file, and Copy & Paste everything from the old file, and it works okay now; its as if the file becomes corrupted somehow.

To coin a phrase from the Americas – “It’s a thinker”

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Redshawn.

i will test fortify style today and report back.

fyi i set up a series of tips in the pg tips forum as a checklist for people re useing a pc for music production and assessing whether a pc is suitable for music production...some arent without proper optimisation or tweaking.
there are a ton of reasons why a user might encounter problems.
the best way to nail down the essence of the problem is to provide the info i suggest in the tips forum includeing pics of your sound interface and biab driver and win settings...otherwise people trying to help you are just guessing. also it will help pg support hopefully diagnose.

fyi...i would like a buck for each time someone has said to me 'but my pc runs all my other apps fine'...but music production isnt like other apps. if you doubt me go on gearspace.com whether thousands of studios big and small hang out and start a thread 'why do i get problems running music apps but pc runs all other apps fine.'
in summary ive seen some really odd problems over the years with peoples pc's.
btw what is your sound interface ?

maybe it IS a biab issue in your case...but ill run tests.
At your leisure read my tips.

happiness.

om 🇨🇦🇨🇦 🇬🇧🇬🇧

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 05/24/24 04:18 AM.

(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
RedShawn.
see my previous post re posting your settings etc.

try as i might in testing FORTIFY a bossa style...i could not get any problems to occur.
it would help if you were to detail every step...so people can try to reproduce the problem...maybe others can nail down the problem...but all as expected and normal here.
music production is a finicky beast sometimes...lol.
ps...i never need to use mme here.
what is your sound interface ?

happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 05/24/24 07:18 AM.

Veteran
Veteran
Redshawn66, if you are using Band-in-a-Box for Windows, when it looks like a song file has become corrupt one "trick" you can try is to run the file through RealBand.

First save the suspected corrupt song file under a new name to create a backup.

Open RealBand.

Use F3 or the File > Open ... command to load the suspected corrupt song file into RealBand.

Use F4 or File > Save to save the suspected corrupt file under the same file name or File > Save As ... to save the suspected corrupt file under a new name.

Open Band-in-a-Box.

Load the file opened and saved in RealBand.

Sometimes this simple "trick" works and sometimes it don't but if it is a song file you would like to keep then why not try this?

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
R
R
A big thanks to those responding in the conversation, lots of advice and tips from other end-users experiencing similar issues, which gives me confidents I’m not alone; there seems to be a lot of love for the PG Music Software.

I think 1951 was the first computer, and so much has evolved since then. If I had a quid for every hour lost due to computer problems over my life…… Really, they’re still in the experimental stages, and are very technical, one tiny configuration issue can create all sorts of issues.

All is well today, so the show can go on, but I will consult the PG Tips, and join the forums again with the necessary specs.

Blessed Thanks & Peace

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hi Peter,
I didn't notice any problems with the standalone nor auditing in the style picker. Both produce audio sound, Seems to be a problem with the render function of the plugin.
Kind Regards
Roland

BiaB2023 Plus, Win11, AMD 6-core, 32GByte RAM, RME Fireface UFX, Samplitude ProX7, REAPER 6, Studio ne 5, Melodyne Studio, Toontrack SD3, iZotope MP4, NI Komplete 12, Korg Collection, etc.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,910
Posts738,740
Members38,615
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
gdl68, that_bear_there, TwoHandsDown, reidmakesmusic, smokeybirdsept2679
38,614 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 154