Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Logic 11 & scaler 2 integration Bass Thumper 53 minutes ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Very impressive stuff in this video, thanks for sharing. I like the integration of a DAW, a Plugin and a physical keyboard; there also seems to be a bit of AI drizzled in for good measure. The industry is definately moving forward; exciting times!
Replies 3 Views 66 Read More
Re: Audio to MIDI conversion firesong 1 hour ago Forum: Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Mario, Matt, Noel, Mike and Herb...thanks you all for the outstanding responses to my query...I'm going to go to work and see how it all turns out...thanks again...Dan
Replies 6 Views 248 Read More
Re: Ought to count firesong 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Herb...really really pretty country ballad and great vocal...stellar lyrically...country at it's best!
Replies 4 Views 86 Read More
Re: Suddenly ASIO and WAS stop producing audio output, only MME does! Blake - PG Music 1 hour ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Roland S
I noticed the same kind of behaviour with the plugin. Biab Standalone seems to work normal. Not sure where exactly it comes from, but the plugin generates .wav files with size but without content in the folder \bb\plugin\saved tracks. Recently I had updates on my RME UFX windows audio driver, a Samplitude X8 and a Biab update including biab plugin update to version 6.1.8. I doubt that it has something to do with the RME driver or Samplitude, as the behaviour with Samplitude X7 is the same and it had been working in the past.
Can you try rolling back to a previous version of Band-in-a-Box to see if the problem started after a specific build? download link for build 1109 download link for build 1108 download link for build 1106 download link for build 1104
Replies 20 Views 462 Read More
Re: about chord settings PeterGannon 1 hour ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
It is a good suggestion. Main question would be where to out the information of the notes in a chord. For example, we could put it in the chord options dialog, which can remain open as a floating window You’ve got it on a “layer” . Another place might be the chord builder.
Replies 2 Views 117 Read More
Re: A New, FREE Norton Music Fake Disk #2 upgrade is available PeterGannon 1 hour ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Bob, Thanks for the news. Sounds good.
Replies 1 Views 56 Read More
No regrets cubanpete 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, this is my latest, no particular inspiration, just just having fun with this magnificent software. No regrets No particular style, just a hybrid Style MIDI Instruments are : Acoustic String Bass (33), Acoustic Piano (1), Strings (49), RealTracks in song: ~561:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Jazz WesComp Sw 140 RealTracks in song: ~4481:Piano, Acoustic, Soloist JazzFastRH Sw 190 RealDrums in Song:JazzTomLewis^01-a:Brushes, Snare , b:Side Stick, Toms and Ride Enjoy!! Mike B.
Replies 0 Views 14 Read More
Re: AND WHEN SHE LOVES ME_David Snyder David Snyder 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hey David Cuny, Thanks man! But please dance! Don't you remember the song? Love like you've never been loved? Dance like you've never danced? Or whatever, maybe it was a poem or a coffee coaster!! smile
Replies 22 Views 466 Read More
A New, FREE Norton Music Fake Disk #2 upgrade is available Notes Norton 2 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The best just got better A New, FREE Norton Music Fake Disk #2 upgrade is available to anyone who purchased Fake Disk #2 (The Pop/Rock Fake Disk) from Norton Music. Thousands of new styles have been added to BiaB since we first compiled this e-disk back in the 1990s. Plus, we are much better at making these disks than we were back then. We spent well over a year revising this e-disk, assigning new styles, and doing many other things to make the chord progressions portray the songs more faithfully. It's a much better product now, and we are offering this update to you for free. WHY FREE? Because we think it's the right thing to do. As usual, the new styles are MIDI, but the BiaB robot should suggest a Real Style for most of these songs. Why MIDI? If I assigned a Real Style, BiaB would not recommend a MIDI style, so choosing MIDI is the only way to get both MIDI and REAL suggestions to you. In addition, many of the tricks we used to coax a more faithful rendition of the song will only work in MIDI. As always, I recommend that you listen to both the MIDI and Real version to see which one you like better. How to get your free upgrade? I just completed sending individual e-mails to all the users in my database that have a current e-mail address. If you didn't get your e-mail:
  1. E-mail Norton Music (norton @ nortonmusic.com) <- remove the spaces
  2. Put "Free Fake Disk #2 upgrade" in the subject line
  3. Include your current physical and e-mail address. If you have moved since you bought the disk, let me have that address too, and I'll update my records
  4. I'll check my records, and if I have you down as purchasing Disk #2 from me, I'll e-mail the upgrade to you. (Be sure to put my e-mail in your address book, so the anti-spam robots don't nuke it. I won't know it if they do.)
  5. PLEASE, BE PATIENT — I'm doing this by hand, one at a time, and I'm still a gigging musician. If it's been a couple of weeks since you asked, try again. Sometimes e-mail gets lost.
Note: I'm posting this in the Off-Topic forum, and copying it to the Windows and Mac forums to make sure everyone sees it. Please pardon the redundancy. Thanks. I hope the update gives you endless hours of pleasure. Bob 'Notes' Norton ♫
Replies 0 Views 17 Read More
A New, FREE Norton Music Fake Disk #2 upgrade is available Notes Norton 3 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The best just got better A New, FREE Norton Music Fake Disk #2 upgrade is available to anyone who purchased Fake Disk #2 (The Pop/Rock Fake Disk) from Norton Music. Thousands of new styles have been added to BiaB since we first compiled this e-disk back in the 1990s. Plus, we are much better at making these disks than we were back then. We spent well over a year revising this e-disk, assigning new styles, and doing many other things to make the chord progressions portray the songs more faithfully. It's a much better product now, and we are offering this update to you for free. WHY FREE? Because we think it's the right thing to do. As usual, the new styles are MIDI, but the BiaB robot should suggest a Real Style for most of these songs. Why MIDI? If I assigned a Real Style, BiaB would not recommend a MIDI style, so choosing MIDI is the only way to get both MIDI and REAL suggestions to you. In addition, many of the tricks we used to coax a more faithful rendition of the song will only work in MIDI. As always, I recommend that you listen to both the MIDI and Real version to see which one you like better. How to get your free upgrade? I just completed sending individual e-mails to all the users in my database that have a current e-mail address. If you didn't get your e-mail:
  1. E-mail Norton Music (norton @ nortonmusic.com) <- remove the spaces
  2. Put "Free Fake Disk #2 upgrade" in the subject line
  3. Include your current physical and e-mail address. If you have moved since you bought the disk, let me have that address too, and I'll update my records
  4. I'll check my records, and if I have you down as purchasing Disk #2 from me, I'll e-mail the upgrade to you. (Be sure to put my e-mail in your address book, so the anti-spam robots don't nuke it. I won't know it if they do.)
  5. PLEASE, BE PATIENT — I'm doing this by hand, one at a time, and I'm still a gigging musician. If it's been a couple of weeks since you asked, try again. Sometimes e-mail gets lost.
Note: I'm posting this in the Off-Topic forum, and copying it to the Windows and Mac forums to make sure everyone sees it. Please pardon the redundancy. Thanks. I hope the update gives you endless hours of pleasure. Bob 'Notes' Norton ♫
Replies 0 Views 7 Read More
Editing feature request in bb new fab tracks view. justanoldmuso 4 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
New Feature Request…editing in new bb tracks view. Here's the problem. i genned a rd other day. i liked it except the clap sound. the problem is the clap sound occurs too many times in the track… very laborious to delete every occurrence… so a suggestion…new feature…pattern matching… a possible solution… ..user highlights the section of track to delete…and clicks on a 'delete all occurences in track' button. ..in programming code bb analyses the plus/minus integer sample values.. to create a 'base pattern'...then ...bb removes all occurrences in the track that pattern match the user's highlighted track section..in this case a clap sound. in the past of course i would use a midi track and a piano roll to delete each clap occurrence.. but i just like the quick new genning feature in the new bb tracks view. happiness. om
Replies 0 Views 23 Read More
Re: A small, but very important option for a DAW.' justanoldmuso 4 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
+1
Replies 4 Views 72 Read More
Re: Misunderstood Elvis Nash 4 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Seymour Hoffman who died from a over dose is where I got the idea He's friend had some quote after he died , It was something I have in this hook , I forget now . It was bit of a spooky write walking around at midnight with the dog , odd So sad he was a great actor , damn drugs Thanks guys
Replies 4 Views 148 Read More
Re: Outstanding cover of 'Rosanna' by Toto by this young band MountainSide 5 hours ago Forum: Best of YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
A tough song to cover but I think they did a great job. I'll be looking for more of them on You Tube. Thanks for posting Audio. Jeff
Replies 3 Views 92 Read More
Re: Victory For Viktor Bass Thumper 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
B.D. expressed our first thoughts, "There are quite a few Pink Floyd influences, which is a good thing." Indeed. Both of our fathers served in WWII and we have read a LOT of WWII history and watched multiple documentaries over the years. Including of course many on the subject of your song. Every aspect of the production, e.g., sound effects, voices, track choices and more render a tremendous tribute to those who lived thorough it, those who survived and the families of them all. Well done in an epic manner! J&B
J&B, your comments and the service of your fathers are much appreciated. My dad drove a battle tank in Korea. I'm glad you guys like Pink Floyd, they're one of my favorite bands and I'm sure I'm influenced by them.
Replies 38 Views 901 Read More
Re: She told me she loved me laurent4114 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
Oh, so well done, Laurent. Super soft sounding singers, and you do such a fine job with them. I saw this one come up in notifications yesterday just as I was shutting down for the day, and cued it for first thing this morning. Listening again now. Love how you crafted the images for the video. I'll send you a message regarding how to find landscape versions in case you'd want to use them.
Thank you Marty for introducing me to Copilot but I still have trouble with the landscape format, it only takes portraits for me. But he is very good at depicting ideas or theoretical concepts. Laurent
Replies 14 Views 229 Read More
Re: The Outskirts Of Fun (with floyd and PeterF) Janice & Bud 6 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Bass Thumper
You guys are quite a team. Love that country swing. Great job.
Thanks! It was fun. J&B
Replies 36 Views 826 Read More
Re: Using BIAB in various time signatures 5/4, 12/8, 6/8, 9/8, 11/4 etc. BlueAttitude 6 hours ago Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by rharv
Originally Posted by DrDan
I may regret this tread, but... So I am not saying that Rharv's (and others) math is incorrect. What I am saying is it don't matter.
Depending on the software, it may not matter & 'just work', depending on what all the software does. The DAWs that do not need the Tempo change do not 'Generate' tracks, so they can change just the visuals and nobody will notice. BiaB (and RB) have to retain the ability to Generate, so the math behind the scenes has to account for that (IMHO). This adds a complexity that, I think, is likely the actual root of this thread. Peter's posts imply BiaB does this, but enough users have had to find different settings (like Blue Attitude) that I don't think it does in every situation.
The only time it doesn't matter, as DrDan said, is when you are providing the other instruments yourself, i.e. playing them. Then it's just a number. As soon as you use another program that is generating an instrument, such as the VSTi's from Toontrack, then it does matter, and the only way to make BIAB generate a track that will work is to use the workaround I described. (Note, I am specifically talking about 6/8 time signature here) I think my example above proves this to be true. If you listen to the beats in my example and count them as 6/8 you get 75. If you listen and count them as 4/4 you get 50, which is what BIAB needs to be set to to generate a track that will work with a Toontrack VSTi set to 6/8, 75 BPM. But clearly everyone has moved on from this discussion, so I will too wink
Replies 50 Views 1,088 Read More
Re: Advanced Mode of Working with Biab Uncle Paul 6 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I tried to find something about scripting in the S1 forums, but found nothing. Ain't there a Studio One beta tester in the forum? Maybe that one could help? All these script made available to "integrate" BiaB with Reaper seem very usefull, but they do not justify (at least for me) to learn another DAW. If I could have all these integrations (or just a subset) within S1 would be very nice.
Replies 20 Views 2,100 Read More
Re: WAVED GOODBYE rsdean 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Laurent, Much appreciated - thanks. Bob
Replies 13 Views 226 Read More
Re: Users can request/add knowledge to the ChatPG knowledge base. rayc 8 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by DrDan
If you want anything different just explain to ChatGPT what to change.
Yep, it's a conversation with minor adjustments to the question or instruction until the result is satisfactory.
Replies 15 Views 2,427 Read More
Re: David Bennett discusses the 3.43% of pop songs that aren't in 4/4 time rayc 8 hours ago Forum: Best of YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hmmm, some surprising band inclusion. Alicia's songs seem very tied to older songs - the 1st sounds like a lift from It's A man's World in terms of arrangement and emotion.
Replies 1 Views 77 Read More
Re: Songs with confusing introductions rayc 8 hours ago Forum: Best of YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
If it's deliberate then it's not "not where it's meant to be". Next he'll discuss songs that don't start on the one chord. When one "picks up" notes to put down the rhythm & tempo one may often do it on internal "feel". Listening to the songs without the artifice they sound natural, right and sometimes deliberately misleading. Rules based writing and be stifling and often the broken "rule" can be uplifting.
Replies 4 Views 194 Read More
Re: Creep rayc 9 hours ago Forum: I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I like the arrangement but, for me, the synth vox let it down. They're good but not quite there for me. The high parts were the best vocal part & you did a fab job on that. When I bought The Bends upon release it had a companion CD Iron Lung with a stellar voice & acoustic guitar rendition of this song...ALMOST as powerful as the original.
Replies 19 Views 711 Read More
Re: All the Young Dudes Mott the Hoople cover rayc 9 hours ago Forum: I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ronno's tone is the beginning and the end. You came close & not a bad Hunter vocal either...he's a bit like you now. The chorus vocal is a little loud for the guitar part. Fab resurrection shuffle.
Replies 2 Views 49 Read More
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,794
Posts737,379
Members38,583
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
JelleY, Akzz, trumpet man, Harlow Davis, limelitevibe
38,583 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 171