Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: The Wind musician17 17 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I loved it! Apart from the small grammatical errors, which can be easily fixed, I enjoyed the lyrical premise of the song - and its musical writing. The music sounds very positive, in tone, and the lyrics are a beautiful foil for it. Your voice is really, really good, and holds well, no matter what challenges you yourself throw at it, in your writing. I liked your guitar playing, and Marty's bass guitar, too. What's not to like? Small thing: did you use the same track when uploading to Soundcloud, as to when you did to YouTube? The Soundcloud track feels different - much more reverb, perhaps, for one - etc. . But maybe it's just my ears! Bravi, both of you, in any case smile
Replies 15 Views 239 Read More
Re: Grain of sand Chris37 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks Mario, This song is for all the passionate musicians for whom just sharing music will always stay a passion.
Replies 8 Views 348 Read More
Re: Is PG Keeping Up with Things ? Keith44 2 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Why not BiaB on an Android tablet, lots of people use Android power? Keith
Replies 10 Views 352 Read More
Re: Ghost Town Keith44 2 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Isn't about time somebody made time for an android version of music programs. I cannot afford to go into apple products so I'll never get to go the apple way,and at my age it's to late to try a completely new way to do new things such as Logic which I gave up when it went only the apple way. Keith
Replies 33 Views 1,529 Read More
Re: Technical difficulties Byron Dickens 3 hours ago Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Replies 5 Views 294 Read More
Re: Crystal Lake (In the Rearview) rayc 4 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Fab song that sounds great but the vocal, at the beginning, seems to be in the wrong genre...he has a late period Power Pop/Wheatus sound. Enjoyed the nostalgia.
Replies 14 Views 434 Read More
Re: WAVED GOODBYE rayc 4 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The Tales of Topographical Poets continues. This sounds fabulous & the flutes really take it to Mellotron sounds of 72. Sounds great - though there's a little more sibilant/plosive stuff on this one. I look forward to the next road trip.
Replies 24 Views 636 Read More
Re: Skilled Saxophone Repair musocity 4 hours ago Forum: Best of YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I had to fix a sax once, but it was a pink plastic one and I just used super glue.
Replies 3 Views 202 Read More
Re: about chord settings musocity 4 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Forget Biab and work on the Plugin/Plugin Standalone as you can see by the pic that it's the future.
Replies 4 Views 233 Read More
Re: Prigioniero dei pixel - by Francescotuba rayc 4 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Suona abbastanza bene Francesco. Che cos'è e che cos'è BIAB?
Replies 2 Views 26 Read More
Re: Strength To Carry On rayc 4 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
It sounds fabulous but the inflection of grief struck me as a bit odd.
Replies 9 Views 162 Read More
Re: Advanced Mode of Working with Biab musocity 4 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Reaper is made by the same developer that made WinAmp, it was designed to be user customizable as this is what users want. To wait a year in hope that the developer might add this or that feature is a killer, when you give users control via scripting it can be made today. If you are sick of waiting you would be best just to try Reaper as you can try n try n try.... it for free, it's pretty simple to use, more so than other DAWs.
Replies 21 Views 2,176 Read More
Re: Skilled Saxophone Repair Rob Helms 4 hours ago Forum: Best of YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yeah my brother in law has a small business repairing both stringed and wind instruments. Been doing for years. He just retired from doing work for the Los Angeles school district.
Replies 3 Views 202 Read More
Re: Guitars in Space rayc 4 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Fab use of the synths Mario...that drone bass is cool.
Replies 15 Views 432 Read More
Re: Please can we have progress by pedal. Would be SO useful! musocity 5 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Reaper will do all that so easily, you can use the BBPlugin.
Replies 3 Views 219 Read More
Re: Guitars in Space Elvis Nash 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
ha ha ha close enough
Re: anyone found how to do this edit shortcut in bb ? musocity 5 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Replies 5 Views 178 Read More
Re: Misunderstood Elvis Nash 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yes I've been checking some of it out John Prine ? He was good , also a funny guy thanks
Replies 21 Views 872 Read More
Re: I heard a song but I can't find guitar RT musocity 5 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Filter "popping"
Replies 7 Views 317 Read More
Re: Everything To Wish For fgrittner 6 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by WaoBand
Really nice gentle song and vocals. You have a very young-sounding voice
Thanks.
Replies 11 Views 263 Read More
Re: I made a dream: Band In a Box on Linux Mike Halloran 6 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by musocity
I wonder how many more users there would be with a Linux version available ??
I doubt that there would be many more. This is the latest survey I've seen:
According to Statcounter, Linux has 4.03% of the global market share for desktop operating systems. This is up from 3% in June 2023, and past the 4% mark that was reached in March 2024. However, ChromeOS has a higher market share than Linux, accounting for 4.15%
Sorry, Gordon, it's never been 5%. Anyway, that leaves out a very important statistic: Most of the Linux desktops are business machines. Motorola's few million seats is the reason that Salesforce has a Linux version (I was working for SF's second biggest customer when those first 2.1M seats were sold). How many of those machines would run BIAB if available? Zero? None? Something in between? Outside of business, Linux is a hobbyist's toy—fun, yes but it's never been more than a niche market. I'm an old UNIX head living smack dab in the Silicon Valley and I've never seen evidence of anything more. Development and marketing takes about the same effort and resources as it would for Mac or PC. Once released, it would further consume support resources. Running it over WINE or other emulation must still be supported if an official release. If Steinberg/Yamaha and Presonus/Fender started making serious noise about Linux support, perhaps the rest of the world will take notice. Perhaps if pro music production desktops climbed past the less than 1% they are now, then perhaps maybe. The same hundred people posting on chat boards for years ain't gonna do it, however. No one is making anything like BIAB for iPadOS. If PG Music is looking for a new market, that's the place to go. Unfortunately, BIAB Audiophile takes about 2.1TB on my M2 Studio — it's going to have to be a lot more resource efficient to make it to the iPad.
Replies 7 Views 2,796 Read More
Re: Using BIAB in various time signatures 5/4, 12/8, 6/8, 9/8, 11/4 etc. musocity 6 hours ago Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Is that actual writing on that wall ?
Originally Posted by joden
No longer using it as I have sold off the Mac and going fully iOS with the new iPad and Logic Pro. Will keep the Sufrace pro and my Windows BIAB drive just in case I need it in the future but the Mac version Audiophile is available. $650 AUD (that's ab out $400 USD) - open to small negotiation. Will post anywhere in the World at buyer cost. Please contact via PM if interested. And can we keep the PMs directly on topic please...no asking how I am doing anything else or plans or anything like that - PMs only about purchase enquiries, thank you
Originally Posted by musocity
In Reaper I can generate up userstracks for any existing real time signatures, any number of bars, I can generate up RealDrums in Reaper for any number of bars. I'm sure Logic with AI instruments and chord track can do the same, in an iPad also.
Replies 71 Views 1,734 Read More
Re: Guitars in Space MarioD 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Guitarhacker
You are definitely the king of experimental music around this forum. Always interesting to hear what comes out of your mind and heart. Nice.
Herb, after years of playing in a wedding band playing what they wanted to hear I am now free to experiment with my music. Thanx to BiaB I am able to do that. I do like to take BiaB tracks and push them out of the "normal" genre, like taking a country style and playing jazz to it.
Re: Guitars in Space MarioD 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Mario, DEFINITELY Sci Fi movie soundtrack material! Maybe not a traditional "song" per se, but absolutely a BLAST to listen to. You've definitely got an imagination from out of this world. My hats off to Mr Enbacker...
Thanx Ron, I am a big Sci Fi and fantasy fan and I enjoy doing space songs. I'm glad you liked it. I will email Rick and tell him about your response.
Originally Posted by laurent4114
Hello Mario! Did you pick up a few flight attendants during your interstellar journey? Be careful of overheating during return to the atmosphere! Laurent
Thanx Laurent. Nope no flight attendants but I did see a couple fly by in a telephone booth!
Re: Logic Pro X 11 Chord Track. musocity 7 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh Jump to new postsJump to new posts
If you create a midi chord track in Biab and drag it into Logic it should be able to get the chords from it ? Just right click on an empty mixer track > Edit MIDI > Generate Chord Track
Replies 1 Views 80 Read More
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 25 26
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Happy Victoria Day! (Monday, May 20th)

We are celebrating Victoria Day on Monday, May 20th!

Our availability through this long weekend is:

Saturday, May 18: Closed
Sunday, May 19: Closed
Monday, May 22: 6am-6pm PT

www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,821
Posts737,709
Members38,595
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
dedlyfish, Tnfkd, eljayjay, tommy kissner, Namahi
38,594 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 176