Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Ghost Town musocity 9 minutes ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Another ghost for the town:
Originally Posted by joden
No longer using it as I have sold off the Mac and going fully iOS with the new iPad and Logic Pro. Will keep the Sufrace pro and my Windows BIAB drive just in case I need it in the future but the Mac version Audiophile is available. $650 AUD (that's ab out $400 USD) - open to small negotiation. Will post anywhere in the World at buyer cost. Please contact via PM if interested. And can we keep the PMs directly on topic please...no asking how I am doing anything else or plans or anything like that - PMs only about purchase enquiries, thank you
Replies 32 Views 1,488 Read More
Re: It's been a couple of months ...Apparently. MarioD 10 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ray, this sounds really good. I didn't mind that guitar. Super groove. I would put this in the late 60's pop era. I liked this one a lot.
Replies 8 Views 136 Read More
Re: Is PG Keeping Up with Things ? musocity 11 minutes ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Is that actual writing on that wall ?
No longer using it as I have sold off the Mac and going fully iOS with the new iPad and Logic Pro. Will keep the Sufrace pro and my Windows BIAB drive just in case I need it in the future but the Mac version Audiophile is available. $650 AUD (that's ab out $400 USD) - open to small negotiation. Will post anywhere in the World at buyer cost. Please contact via PM if interested. And can we keep the PMs directly on topic please...no asking how I am doing anything else or plans or anything like that - PMs only about purchase enquiries, thank you
Originally Posted by musocity
The main point of all this is not getting PG users to buy Logic on an iPad but look at the potential of the JUCE Plugin, If apple have done this will not other companies follow with similar now, where will this leave PG ? "Create and edit chord progressions in the Chord Track while your Session Players follow along." "More energy needs to be put into the JUCE BBPlugin/Plugin Standalone/Live Arranger giving Win/Lin/Mac/iOS/Android: The writing is on the wall." How much would you spend on a new iPad with Biab Live Arranger compared to a RealTracks Live Arranger keyboard ? I can't see how there is a sustainable future with 6 months programing on Win then another 6 months programing on Mac doing the same thing. I'll ask again, do you think double programing is a good thing, will it last 10-20 years down the track ? Example: Still Waiting for Current Fixes Needed for 6.0.13 (Reaper)
Posted Sat Jan 27 2024 08:23 AM Today Wed May 8 2024 10:09 AM
It can't be fixed because they are working on the Mac for last 5 months so there is no one to program BBW4 that it needs before anything can be done with the JUCE Plugin. It's all wrong how it all works, or doesn't work. That's why I say "the writing is on the wall".
Replies 9 Views 327 Read More
Biab for iPad (Is that actual writing on the wall ?) musocity 12 minutes ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Is that actual writing on that wall ?
The main point of all this is not getting PG users to buy Logic on an iPad but look at the potential of the JUCE Plugin, If apple have done this will not other companies follow with similar now, where will this leave PG ? "Create and edit chord progressions in the Chord Track while your Session Players follow along." "More energy needs to be put into the JUCE BBPlugin/Plugin Standalone/Live Arranger giving Win/Lin/Mac/iOS/Android: The writing is on the wall." How much would you spend on a new iPad with Biab Live Arranger compared to a RealTracks Live Arranger keyboard ? I can't see how there is a sustainable future with 6 months programing on Win then another 6 months programing on Mac doing the same thing. I'll ask again, do you think double programing is a good thing, will it last 10-20 years down the track ? Example: Still Waiting for Current Fixes Needed for 6.0.13 (Reaper)
Posted Sat Jan 27 2024 08:23 AM Today Wed May 8 2024 10:09 AM
It can't be fixed because they are working on the Mac for last 5 months so there is no one to program BBW4 that it needs before anything can be done with the JUCE Plugin. It's all wrong how it all works, or doesn't work. That's why I say "the writing is on the wall".
Replies 19 Views 898 Read More
Re: The Water and the Wine (w/Fresh Fire) MarioD 17 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dan, not only are you a fantastic writer of Christian songs you also have mastered the synth vocals. You also have a knack for choosing the perfect backing bands for your songs. You are also a fantastic musician. Loved the lyrics. Loved the song.
Replies 7 Views 205 Read More
Re: Silver Dollars MarioD 22 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Welcome Randy, Those are some serious chops man. I agree about the drums being to loud. I would also change the snare as there much better sounding ones, but that is just my opinion. Repeating a phrase creates a song and separates it from a jam. I liked it.
Replies 14 Views 418 Read More
Re: Please give the DAW function to BIAB musocity 25 minutes ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Forget Biab and work on the Plugin/Plugin Standalone as you can see by the pic that it's the future.
Originally Posted by swingbabymix
I wish BIAB had this feature. But I couldn't find it. [Linked Image]
Replies 4 Views 160 Read More
Re: Grain of sand MarioD 28 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Chris, what a great song. I really liked your backing band. Your vocal was fantastic and the lyrics were outstanding. A great mix also. I loved this one as I could really relate to it.
Replies 7 Views 316 Read More
Re: Using BIAB in various time signatures 5/4, 12/8, 6/8, 9/8, 11/4 etc. musocity Yesterday at 11:59 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Is it a Mission Impossible ? maybe forget getting blood out of a stone, maybe that's why I say concentrate on the Plugin, get rid of the old BBW4 with all these limitations that have been brought over and start anew. Mission_Impossible.mid The DAW will handle an impossible mission but it's out in Biab. I remember Mission Impossible from when I was a kid, they always accomplished the mission ! Can PG do this with the Plugin ? or is it another dead horse flogging that will drag out ad infinitum ? [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Replies 70 Views 1,690 Read More
Re: Misunderstood MarioD Yesterday at 11:56 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Elvis, this sounds like a John Prine song! Your vocals and lyrics remind me of him. Sounds great. PS - I think you will like Band-in-a-Box.
Replies 20 Views 849 Read More
Re: Suddenly ASIO and WAS stop producing audio output, only MME does! Melody_Maker Yesterday at 11:55 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by PeterGannon
> Generally speaking, I also noticed that playback became audible again each time Bb had to open a text file in notepad, for example in the following menus:Help/Utilities/Display log text file...or in: Memo / Bar summary Interesting. Launching notepad.exe is just the standard windows shell command to do that, which somehow gets the audio working.
Dear Peter, I was finally able to identify the source of my problem and fix it : For ASIO or WAS to work straight away when Bb is launched, the CoyoteWT DXi instrument package needs to be installed on the system. However, when during Bb 2024 installation, "Coyote WaveTable DXi Synth" checkbox appears as optional, which may be misleading. As soon as I installed CoyoteWT, ASIO or WAS audio output started working properly again. (Installer source in C:\Bb\Data\Installers\SetupCoyoteWT13.exe) My 2 cents : Either make the installation of Coyote mandatory (no checkbox), or make sure that its absence doesn't interfere with the initialization of the ASIO driver when Bb is launched. Hope this will be useful wink Best regards Bob
Replies 25 Views 788 Read More
Re: Prigioniero dei pixel - by Francescotuba MarioD Yesterday at 11:52 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Francesco, this sounds good to me! It looks like you know your way around that Strat! Good mix. Via google Translate: Francesco, mi sembra una buona cosa! Sembra che tu conosca quella Stratocaster! Buon mix.
Replies 1 Views 17 Read More
Re: I need an Adobe Audition WIZARD [Resolved] eddie1261 Yesterday at 11:51 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Actually I found what I needed. I was looking in the wrong place.
Replies 1 Views 25 Read More
Re: No regrets MarioD Yesterday at 11:44 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Mike, the more you have fun the more ear candy I get! Jazz at its best. PS - the lead guitar is not listed. Is that you playing?
Replies 5 Views 51 Read More
Re: WAVED GOODBYE rsdean Yesterday at 10:23 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Herb, That’s very kind. Thank you. Bob
Replies 23 Views 608 Read More
Re: The Outskirts Of Fun (with floyd and PeterF) Janice & Bud Yesterday at 10:11 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
All that talent loaded into one song. Thanks for resurrecting the song for the rest of us. Janice shows her versatility. I'd like to hear more of this genre. Floyd's harmony blends well with her voice. Darn good song too.
We all much appreciate that! Janice and floyd have sung together on dozens of songs. She calls him big brother. 😀 J&B
Replies 40 Views 1,029 Read More
Re: Bewildered cubanpete Yesterday at 09:36 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks Ron, Marty and Herb for your comments, unfortunately we don't have that kind of clubs in our neck of woods, so, my escape is writing this stuff. Cheers Mike B.
Replies 4 Views 133 Read More
Re: Rivers Of A Strange Land musician17 Yesterday at 09:21 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Made a little video for the song, too ... hope you like it smile
Replies 9 Views 207 Read More
Re: The Wind Janice & Bud Yesterday at 09:17 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
When we saw that you wrote the initial versiohtn in 1976 we thought about what a great year that was as it was the year J and B met each other. 😊 Anyhow, this is lovely, Hans. Your vocals are very expressive and the electro flute and piano with the fingerpicked guitar are such a pretty combination. Marty’s bass is always a perfect match! The sentiment of “you’re in my arms so come what may” is a sentiment that we share too. Also, the video has truly beautiful scenery and such a pretty cat too. We enjoyed this song’s revival, J&B
Replies 14 Views 236 Read More
Re: Does moving from PC to Mac require repurchase? Mike Halloran Yesterday at 08:28 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Mac FAQ Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by BabzColl
You've got enough followers that will pay any price for the product, to "upgrade" the same program to a different platform, etc. and you figure you have earned it with all of the code you've written. Maybe. But charge AFTER you work out all of the numerous flaws. Also have a loyalty program for customers that have been with you for more than 30 years... It's kind of like a Senior benefit for Senior patrons who have supported and done a lot of word-of-mouth advertising over the DECADES. It all evens out. Believe me.
There are way too many differences between the Mac and Windows versions of BIAB for a simple lacense swap and download to just work.
Replies 8 Views 482 Read More
Re: That Man Janice & Bud Yesterday at 07:32 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The warm, rich, expressive vocal is standout in this production. Wow! Your piano and the baritone guitar work together in an excellent manner. All the he instruments weaving in and out is very nice And the sad fiddle, cello and your strings - yes! Janice said she is optimistic that “she” will give “that man” one more chance 😊 Dark and moody and wonderful! J&B
Replies 20 Views 619 Read More
Re: importer un fichier midi sur piste mélodie Daniel Donval Yesterday at 06:44 PM Forum: Forum des Utilisateurs Français de Band-in-a-Box Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Exact, en fait en PJ on ne peut joindre que des fichiers image
Replies 6 Views 254 Read More
Re: Crystal Lake (In the Rearview) DC Ron Yesterday at 06:36 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
OH, YEAH!! I was there. This song is filled with such good (and very relatable) lyrics. Vocals are very good. There is a Crystal Lake near here, but it has become hoity toity. Harveys Lake has been filling memories like this song for over 100 years. Col song.
Marty, pretty sure I SAW you there, too! Looked up Harveys Lake and, yes, much in common. Happy to have stirred up some (hopefully) good memories. THANS for the listen!
Originally Posted by Guitarhacker
Nice work. It sounds really nice. I like the harmony vox. Cool reminiscing song. I think every state has a "Crystal Lake". In fact, there was a lake by that name where I grew up. A swimming place.... but the water there was anything but "crystal". More like greenish brown with a bunch of frogs. I enjoyed this song.
Herb, glad you enjoyed wading back in time with us! Frogs would have definitely killed the vibe...I might have croaked. Ha! (groan)
Replies 13 Views 412 Read More
Re: A couple of things to read Mike Halloran Yesterday at 05:50 PM Forum: Songwriting Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Guitarhacker
… BTW: I have that book from Kenny Rogers you mentioned and This Business of Music is in fact the 4th edition with the latest copyright date of 1979. I'll have to re-read that Rogers book if only for the stories.
Were it not long out of print, I wouldn't give any spoilers but I really liked when he talked about practical investing. Telling about all the worthless land he owned in Texas and pointing out that, had he invested in a restaurant and a dry cleaners, he could eat and get his laundry done during the hard times. I still quote the Kenny Rogers Rule: A person must contribute 25% or more to a song to receive credit.
Replies 5 Views 208 Read More
Re: Why own music? dcuny Yesterday at 05:24 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by DrDan
One look at the pic tells me this is Ted Gioia who is well known in the industry as a premier music hisotrian and musicologist. If you know Ted, then nothing else really needs to be added to indicate the relavance of this video to this forum.
By that logic, people should just post all of Ted's videos on this thread. crazy I'd already watched a 30 minute video earlier in the week with Ted, and so I'm already acquainted with who he is. What I would have liked to see was some explanation of why I should spend an additional 20 minutes of the week listening to Ted. Here's how Ted summarizes his video:
We cannot trust these tech companies to preserve it. We have moved to the streaming model. We no longer buy music. It isn't like a library we can go check out whatever we want. I suggest that we need to re-examine this. We need to look at ways of revitalizing the physical album and we need to ask ourselves do we want to own or do we just want a stream. Because I would say that if we believe we want to borrow music, music itself may be on borrowed time.
Replies 5 Views 218 Read More
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Happy Victoria Day! (Monday, May 20th)

We are celebrating Victoria Day on Monday, May 20th!

Our availability through this long weekend is:

Saturday, May 18: Closed
Sunday, May 19: Closed
Monday, May 22: 6am-6pm PT

www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,821
Posts737,677
Members38,594
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
dedlyfish, Tnfkd, eljayjay, tommy kissner, Namahi
38,594 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 169