Print Thread
Go To
#11218 01/14/09 12:16 PM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Petimar Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
10000 measures length, please??? Would be great for making exercises that are constantly changing without any repeating.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
I couldn't play that long without a couple of bathroom breaks.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
This request may just be the one most often wishlisted. Don't know why it is not implemented, but here we are.

+1 from me for the umpteenth time.

Meanwhile, RealBand can do the job by exporting one 255 bar or less BIAB file and then using copy/paste methods to extend things, then edit. Or even import more than one BIAB file exported as MIDI and edited such that they are on the RealBand timeline end-to-end as needed. It is a workaround, but it does indeed allow for the long practice session stuff here.

Another method inside BIAB is to take advantage of the Auto Transpose thing, if the excercise is just a matter of transposing an excercise to all keys. This can be set up to have a different key every time through a chorus. I love that one. Go to Preferences-> Transpose and note the "Each chorus a song is played, tranpose by..." setting. This is global and means you don't have to create a songfile, you can take any song and practice in all twelve keys that way. Don't forget to hit the number of choruses button and extend to 12. This one is great. Yeah, I said that. Kinda slow and klunky if you insist on using RealTracks, fast as you please with all MIDI and RealDrums, though.

--Mac

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
+2

John Conley
Musica est vita
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
If PG ever get around to allowing more bars, and Biab has to decompress then load all the track sections into RAM first, how much RAM would you need ?
Whereas if it was playing the source file sections direct this would not be an issue.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
This may be a new 'thread revival record'?
5565 days between posts. Or 15 years, 2 months, 27 days (including the end date).

And just checking on the status or the 255 bar limit restriction that the thread request refers to?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Yes, I did a double-take at the names. But this old thread was started even after RealTracks were begun.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Online Content
Expert
And from back in 2009...
Originally Posted by Mac
This request may just be the one most often wishlisted. Don't know why it is not implemented, but here we are.

+1 from me for the umpteenth time.
I detect some resistance to change.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Pretty funny actually! That is if it were not kinda sad. I would suppose that at this point it may not be able to be fixed.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Rob Helms
... I would suppose that at this point it may not be able to be fixed.

I recall that we've been told it will be fixed. We just don't have any idea when.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Never is a when i suppose! Later is a when as is much later. Judging by the 13 year old post PipeCity dug up i suppose that Much Much later is closer to correct.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
I can do it easy in the Plugin in Reaper using Instructions as it's playing the wma section directly and not loading into RAM. I can do it in Reaper using ReaTrak-biab-drums-gui-audio-demos.zip or ReaTrak-instant-trak-creator-gui.zip
Sane deal with RealTimeSignatures I can make any time signature in a UserTrack then fit it to the DAW real time signature by changing the tempo.

Adding an escape function to PG's endless double time development loop will solve the issue:
Code
function BuildDelphiBiab
  spend 6 months programming Win Biab
  goto BuildMacBiab
end

function BuildMacBiab
  spend another 6 months doing the same thing on Mac
  if sick and tired of this
    goto JUCE
  else
    goto BuildDelphiBiab
  end
end

function JUCE
  https://juce.com/
  JUCE is a cross platform framework allowing a single codebase to compile to native applications and plug-ins with the 
  same user experience on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS and Android, across both desktop and mobile.  
end

Originally Posted by MarioD
Well I don't know how big these are but a complete rewrite incorporating the following:
1-All time signatures
2-Modern customizable menus: eliminate redundancy.
3-All genres of music including EDM, R&B, trance, ambient, soul, hip hop, house, acid jazz, etc.
4-A more intuitive workflow.
5-Drop DXis and only use VSTis
All of the above and probably more is a stable VSTi.

Originally Posted by mrgeeze
First on the list - kill RB (sorry old guys).
Most new users are MAC people. They don’t care about RealBand

Logic, Reaper, Abelton, Pro tools- the environments serious music software needs live in.

Quit trying to sell a DAW. If it works so well with BIAB make those features work in the plug in for mainstream DAW’s.

IMO BIAB’s growth future is as a plugin to the above environments.

Don’t rebuild the standalone UI. That’ll take million$. Instead Phase it out by attrition.
As suggested by others. Fix the broken stuff, simplify(not rebuild) the UI.

Spend dollars on the future, not the past.
Real Tracks, Super MIDI, Styles . Those things are what makes BIAB great.

Most computer users use a phone most of the time. DAW’s are available for tablets now. Don’t miss the coming convergence of software to the mobile OS platforms.
Not sure what the stratedgerie to do this is, but recognize in a few years phones will have all the cpu/gpu/ram they need to run this stuff.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,794
Posts737,379
Members38,583
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
JelleY, Akzz, trumpet man, Harlow Davis, limelitevibe
38,583 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 171